Thursday, April 19, 2007

Kou: San Francisco

The plane approaches San Francisco and I look out window. Oh, it look like heaven at night time. Everyone say this heaven. I look down and I just think about my life. I just can’t believe I got here. So many times almost die. So lucky
Aunt and sponsor meet me at airport. Billy there too. I get so happy when I see them. Like family.
All my friends who have no sponsor leave to Hamilton Camp in San Rafael. I so lucky I don[t have to go with them.
I need to go to the bathroom. When I open the bathroom door just leave stuff outside. “Don’t do that again. Take everything with you.”
Gee, I think, why they steal? They so rich. Only old clohtes from camp in bag. Theyd not want anything like that.
Decembeer befrore Christmas. So cold, They dirve me to San Francisco.
He dropped me off on sutter, aunt and sister already got married. There I live with the monster again but this time with the little brother too
I look around apartment. Not understand. No furniture. One tv. Only mattress in bedroom old mattress. Only one table to eat in kitchen. Why US so poor? Not like they say at all.
In my mind, huh why….. Billy come 72 or 73; why so poor then?. I thought they make enough money by now to own just about anything.
The first thing I buy in America is from Goodwill. Just 25 cents, all I have to buy some clothes.

No comments: