My father has a friend who is a general in the army. He makes arrangements for me to live with his family in Phnom Phen. They are my new aunt and uncle.They have six or seven kids and they are wealthy, they have a sofa and so many cars. I have never seen such a beautiful home, so much luxury.
I am treated like a member of the family. I sleep with the daughter and the baby
Nights in Phnom Phen are magic. The family has three sons in high school and every night the older son drives us around the city. The city parks are so full of life, young people like us eating ice cream and hanging out together in the park beside the Mekong.
“Meet my cousin,” they say when friends ask about me. This is just how things are in Cambodia. You can go to live with family or
I live friends. Everyone is so close.
I am a new person in a different world. I have escaped poverty and illness and the small joyless home where there is only struggle and hard work. Illness and meager meals. This is the life that was waiting for me. My spirit chose well, afterall.
1 comment:
what is the music you hear? do you wear makeup? jewelry? who is sealion? what aabout young daughter? where do you shop? what kinds of food eat. what is house like. what does aunt do? whre you sleep? what is pp like now...? who is in power? shinanouk .. any talk of US now?
Post a Comment